My Thoughts on Newtown

Swill
What are some things they could do to help stop shooting sprees?
For one, government can make some of the rules and laws toward gun control more strict. Like for example, if a person goes to buy a gun they can make it harder to get if you have a bad history All states need to have personal background checks for all weapons to see if people are stable enough mentally to own guns. In the wake of the violence of the Newtown shooting schools are making things safer like more getting cameras and more security . After the Newton shooting one of the moms who's son got kill and told the news " IT'S EASIER TO GET A GUN THAN A KITTEN," meaning that when you go to get a kitten they do background checks on you and your home but if it is a gun you get it right way.
Another reason that I feel guns are a problem is because they need to stop putting them in video games for kids to play. The reason why I said this is because we have young kids that are under age playing games that are filled with blood, guns, and swearing.
Comment by seamstressofwords

Hey! I'm a college intern here at Stage of Life, and I have some pretty exciting news. Channel One News, an educational program in partnership with CBS News that reaches nearly six million students in 7,000 high schools across the US, is pulling a news story together on the gun debate.

They contacted StageofLife.com looking for teens who are pro-gun rights and live in or near New York, preferably close to New York City, to be interviewed.

They saw your essay on gun rights. If you live in New York and would be interested in being interviewed for this national news story - let us know and we'll put you in touch with the reporter. If you're interested, please reach out to us at news@stageoflife.com.

Thanks!

Laura