My Thoughts on Newtown: Gun Rights Exposed

SunnyChopper
After the Newtown shooting, people are starting to reconsider gun laws. The people want more gun control and less people control, and the people want to ban high capacity magazines. My opinion is that we take out all semi-automatic weapons away. The only way to move forward is to remove semi-automatic guns from the public.

After the shooting, many people were in debate about whether the government needs to spend time more on people control or gun control coming into the new year. but as expected, people are tending to reform the gun laws that allow people to get semi-automatic weapons. With tighter gun laws, it will be harder to get these weapons, as for a background check will be placed. As one states, "The December massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., seems to have swayed public opinion on stricter gun-control laws, a poll indicated." Gun laws are one of the most important components we need to fix to keep the weapons out of evil hands.

Many people were also shocked to find that the gunman had shot 20 children. That is why the government, including the president, and the people of United States want to ban high-capacity magazines along with semi-automatics. High capacity magazines can range from having 30 to 100 rounds in one magazine, which makes the weapon much more deadly because the gunman does not have to reload as often. As one states, " "I'm from a rural area in the South, I grew up in a gun culture, my father hunted," Leslie Hodges, a 64-year-old gun owner from Atlanta, said in a follow-up interview. "However, I don't believe being able to have a gun keeps you from thinking reasonably about changes that would keep someone from walking into a school and being able to kill 20 children in 20 seconds. I think that we can say, O.K., we want the freedom to have guns in this country, but there are rules we can all agree to that will make us all safer." " Banning high capacity magazines is important because it takes the away time that the gunman has to become more lethal. If the gunman has to reload every so often, there is less time that the gunman is now deadly, so banning high capacity magazines would be an important move to take step forward to a safer community.

The Newtown shooting is probably one of the most tragic shootings in US history. It is a flaw in humanity, in the gun laws, and most importantly the community. As we move forward, we look to tighten these gun laws, allowing for a safer community. We also look to banning high capacity magazines, allowing for a window of time. Guns are not toys, and the laws should also change according to that.