Trapped

QueenRhi
The trees blur by too fast. I’m no longer able to distinguish green from brown, and it makes the trees seem less vibrant. Less alive. The sky isn’t blue anymore. It’s a chilly, threatening grey and it’s all above me now, hovering as I try to breathe. The air coming from the vents is dry and musty, it starts to choke me as I try to breathe. I need fresh air. I am unable to feel the hard wind outside. I know that it’s blowing roughly and I wish I could put down the driver side window. I want to feel the chilly air wrap and swirl around me, filling me with hope, but I can’t. I can’t move.
My arms, my head, my legs are paralyzed. I’m all alone and I can’t move. I’m screaming on the inside, but I can’t hear a thing. Inside my head there is a ringing and the farther I go, the louder it grows. I’ve been on this journey down a ceaseless road, traveling fast, unable to stop. I only wish that I could stop.
I am unable to move. I am unable to stop. My eyes are glued to the windshield in front of me, even they seem to be stuck in time. I don’t know the time, but it doesn’t matter now, not anymore. Soon my time will end. Or maybe I won’t ever be able to stop, no matter how much I want to, because my foot is heavy on the gas pedal and I... can’t... move...