My Thoughts on Newtown: The shooter.

QueenRhi
It's very sad that those human beings lost their lives in Connecticut , and I hope those families can cope, though it will be hard for them. Not only do I feel bad for those kids and their families, I actually feel bad for the guy who committed the crime. Yeah, the act he committed was horrible, but he was most likely mentally suffering from some illness, and that's why he did what he did. I know everyone's top priority are the families, but his story is just as tragic. People ignore those who are "acting weird" or are "off their rocker" then when they commit crimes like this, they blame them and call them horrible people. It was most likely in his brain chemistry that one day he would go off, and something like this was going to happen, and maybe he couldn't help it. Instead of condemning people that are mentally ill, we need to get them help, we need to take responsibility for those people because they aren't in the state of mind to take care of there own self. If you really want to stop schools and other buildings with innocent people from getting shot up, it's not the guns you should be worrying about, it's the people who get them and if those people are in the right state of mind to be in the general public. You need to pin-point the people who's brains are chemically different, and don't know right from wrong, and you need to get them help. That's how you begin to solve the issue. That's how you can save a lot of lives, by helping those people.
Comment by seamstressofwords

Hey!

My name is Laura and I'm an intern at Stage of Life. I wanted to thank you for submitting your story to our "Where Do We Go After Newtown" writing contest, but more importunately, I want to congratulate you on being selected by our Editors as an essay finalist!

Watch this page http://www.stageoflife.com/gundebate.aspx for when we announce the winner.

Feel free to share this on Facebook, Twitter, your blog, or any other site you use. Share your accomplishment with the world!

Thanks for sharing your story on StageofLife.com.

Laura
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 6:11:50 PM