My Thoughts on Newtown: Guns Cause Problems

lauren013599
Lauren Rodriguez
16 January 2013

When I heard about the Newtown shooting, I couldn’t believe it. I don’t understand how someone can go to a school and shoot many innocent children. I believe that guns cause problems. I understand if people want to protect themselves, but all guns do is cause problems. In this case, the gun didn’t belong to the murderer. It belonged to his mother. I am unsure why his mother had a gun in the first place, but if there was no gun there wouldn’t have been a shooting. I strongly believe that if there were fewer guns in the world, there would be less people dead.
Comment by Dylan_Burnell

And that is were a little research would do you a world of good. Do you know that chicago is soposed to be practicly gun free yet it has on of the highst amounts of gun deaths in the USA? Yeah less guns is all well and good if that would work for everybody. it wouldnt it would work for the honest man and the only person who would stil have a gun would be the bad guys ( gang members, terorists, all around jerks) .
For thier to be no more guns we would have to go backwords in technology and that is not going to happen. Its like asking a tenager to use a telagraph instead of thier regular phone. Not going to happen.
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 2:51:21 PM
Comment by TemporaryTree

Lauren your point on guns is not true "less guns = less violence"
the fbi published a story months age that said areas with higher concentration of guns has less crime that areas with so called gun free zones
Posted: Thursday, December 4, 2014 5:55:55 PM
Comment by TemporaryTree

I agree with you Dylan,There have been countless tragedies (aurora Colorado, Newtown Connecticut) where rifles have been used to kill. President Obama has tried to ban all “assault rifles” and limit magazines to 10 rounds. There’s one thing I have to say to that. Stop focusing on the guns that kill, focus on the people that kill. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. A 15 year old when before the Maryland court after the court had proposed the idea of an entire ban assault rifles. She had gone on to say “Chicago has had some of the strictest gun control laws in America” then she when on to say “it’s more than twice as likely for you to be killed in Chicago that in the afghan war. In the past 11 years in the afghan war 2166 people have been killed. Now just in 8 years 4265 have been killed in Chicago and of that 4265, 3301 have been killed by guns, of those 3301, 37 were killed by assault rifles”. Which is nearly 1% of all those killed by guns. If they were to pass that law banning all assault rifles they would only be solving 1% of the problem.
Posted: Thursday, December 4, 2014 5:59:23 PM