My Thoughts on Newtown: Guns Cause Problems

lauren013599
Lauren Rodriguez
16 January 2013

When I heard about the Newtown shooting, I couldn’t believe it. I don’t understand how someone can go to a school and shoot many innocent children. I believe that guns cause problems. I understand if people want to protect themselves, but all guns do is cause problems. In this case, the gun didn’t belong to the murderer. It belonged to his mother. I am unsure why his mother had a gun in the first place, but if there was no gun there wouldn’t have been a shooting. I strongly believe that if there were fewer guns in the world, there would be less people dead.
Comment by Dylan_Burnell

And that is were a little research would do you a world of good. Do you know that chicago is soposed to be practicly gun free yet it has on of the highst amounts of gun deaths in the USA? Yeah less guns is all well and good if that would work for everybody. it wouldnt it would work for the honest man and the only person who would stil have a gun would be the bad guys ( gang members, terorists, all around jerks) .
For thier to be no more guns we would have to go backwords in technology and that is not going to happen. Its like asking a tenager to use a telagraph instead of thier regular phone. Not going to happen.
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 2:51:21 PM