My Thoughts on Newtown: Nowhwere but Up

BeautyIsLove_
Newtown. It is not the first place and most likely will not be the last to go through something so horrifying. Shady Hook Elementary, a school filled with children all under the age of ten years old and teachers and role models that were involved. Would you say Wrong place at the wrong time? No, it does not matter where you get an education, what your occupation is, or how old you are this can happen to you. Unfortunately, it happened to innocent defenseless children. Where do we go from here? In my opinion, we can go nowhere but up. America will be helpless unless we unite, change, and move on.
The United States of America, we have that name for a reason. Not just because we have fifty-one states bunched together to form a country but, because we have always came together in a time of need. We have always fought for what we believe in, even when our country has been divided in half. The only way we can move forward from this tragedy is by consoling one another and uniting for the cause. As an American citizen who is almost legal, I am terrified of the reality of being out there in the real world because of what can happen. Situations like this make that reality a little bit realer and scarier. Why should feel unprotected in my own school or in a local movie theater? If a person can stand there and shoot little four, five, and six years old with a weapon that is usually used in the military, you should always be aware that it could be you. If we came together as a people and stood for righteous law enforcement, things could possibly improve. If we cannot stand for our children, then what can we stand for?
Last year Barack Obama enforced the “Change” campaign motto. That’s exactly what we should still be working toward. You cannot skip to phase two if phase one is not complete. It will mess up the entire process. Our II Amendment is the right to bear arms, true enough. I feel we should touch it up a little because things are much different today. We have more mentally unstable people now and days then back then. Guns are more accessible now to the public now. We need more background checks on people that register guns because we do not who is in their home or their medical history. Everyone cannot handle guns responsibly. The government needs to revise the II amendment and really think about EVERY aspect of the world today.
We also have to move past the shooting. What happened happened and we cannot bring those children back. Yes, it was horrible and tragic but we have to move on. The only way those kids will rest peacefully is if we solve this issue. If we do not, it may happen again. In conclusion, in my opinion if we do these things maybe our downs will become ups.
RIP Newtown kids.