Describe Anxiety Without Using the Word Anxiety

gemmaruth21
When you think about talking to someone you’ve never met before, it’s the feeling in the pit of your chest. When you have to present in front of the class, it’s the butterflies in your belly. When you’re about to come out to your best friend, it’s the thoughts chasing each other in your mind. When your mother says, “Can we talk?” it’s the tingling in your body. When you find out the someone knows deepest, darkest secret, it’s the pounding of your heart. When you know that you have to get up the next morning at six a.m. and go to school, it’s the feeling of gasping for air. When you have so much to do and you can’t even think about it all, it’s the pulsing in your wrists. When you say something that you think you weren’t meant to say, it’s the tension in your body. When someone invites you to their birthday party but you have social phobia, it’s the dampness of your palms. When nothing is going right, and you have no idea how to fix it, it’s the cramping of your back. When you jump in the deep end before you realize that you actually don’t know how to swim, it’s the rush of blood through your veins.