My thoughts on Newtown: Are we safe at school?

Swagger465
It’s been nearly a month since the school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut. Studies show that students who don’t feel safe at school stay home. When students aren’t in school, their grades drop down academically. According to the National Center for Educational Statistics report, approximately 5 percent of student’s ages 11-1 reported that they were afraid of attacks at school, compared to 3 percent of students who reported that they were afraid of harm away from school.
There are many various ways that schools, families, and community leaders can and need to work well adjusted to create safe, caring school communities. Portion of the most considerable strategies include: develop a shared vision and vocabulary, insure, every students connection with at least one caring adult in school, provide social crisis preparedness practice and programs, recognize and deal with trauma in childhood and adolescents, and address barriers to learning. The second strategy can help school by having at least one responsible and caring adult whom each student feel combined with is one of the most important steps that educators can take to promote safe school.
There’s one more way for a student that isn’t safe at school. It’s bullying. Bullying can be a verbal or physical act that is: repeated over time, intentional harm-doing, and a relationship in which someone is imbalance of power. People said there are two different societies of bullies: Those who bully because they love to be mean and destroy people’s life, and those who’ve been bullied before and have bullying to gain as power. Studies indicate that bullies generally end up dead by the age of 22. Young teens bullied often end up killing themselves, convinced there is no other way to stop it. Educators should not “bully the bullies.” They need to come up with two plans – one to guidance the bullied students and another to address the bully.