My thoughts on Newtown: Guns don't kill people, People Kill People

ChelsPaigeR97
I believe that the gun was not the reason those students and teachers in Newtown died. I believe that it was the man behind it. A gun is just a gun, it cannot move or take action; a person can. The man behind the gun used the gun, the gun was used to kill the students and teachers, but, it is an inanimate object. The man who shot those students and teachers was of unstable mind, he had mental health problems and corrupt thoughts in his head. I am in no way saying that this was not a tragedy because it was. It was a terrible thing that, that man took the lives of those innocent people. That’s just it though. The MAN took the lives of those innocent people, not the gun he used. He himself took the lives of those people. I believe that the second amendment should be kept in place and remain the same because not everyone in the United States who owns a gun is an unstable person who is going to use their guns to kill others. People use guns for hunting game, and use the guns for protection against intruders in their homes; some even carry guns on their person for protection because maybe they have a job they walk home from or a long way to where they parked their car. They use these guns for protection, not to harm innocent people, just for protection and hunting. I would never expect those students to go back to their old school though, too much happened there for them to be expected to just go back. Those children and teachers alike had to watch other students and teachers be shot down. They will have to live with those images in their minds for as long as they live. The emotional scars that they have must be unbearable. I believe they should send the children of Newtown Elementary to other schools in the district until they can tear that old building down and replace it with a new building a building that brings no recollection of what happened. They will not forget what happened but I believe that if they no longer had to go to that school that it may not be so terrible for them. They have suffered unimaginable events, they were the survivors. The best that the community can do is to attempt to move forward in a new direction to help the survivors of this tragedy. That fateful day in that school in Newtown opened many eyes and broke many hearts. The first thing they wanted to put the blame on was the gun that killed the innocent victims, but it was the man behind it who deserved the blame. Since he took his life after he took the lives of those people, the parents and survivors had no one to put the blame on but the gun used in the shooting. I understand that they are in unimaginable emotional pain, but it was not the gun used that the blame belonged to, it was the man using it.