STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Thoughts on Newtown: Staff Should be able to Carry Concealed Weapons

lyssasaurausrexcx
After the Newtown school shooting, most of us are faced with a horrible awakening about the modern world. One that we would like to change. Every year school shootings and mass murders occur internationally. Would the outcome have been different if the school staff had been in possession of concealed weapons?
The Second Amendment, or Amendment II, of the United States Constitution is the amendment and the section that says that people have the right to keep and bear arms. I believe that school staff members should be able to have concealed weapons in the classrooms. If this was the situation, the shooter would be brought down faster, maybe even before the police got there.
Though some teachers may not be comfortable carrying weapons, it would be better for the safety of the entire school; children, faculty, and all. But before being handed a gun, staff should go through a proper gun training course(s). The students and parents shouldn’t be informed that the staff is carrying a concealed gun, as they may question the safety of the life of their children and themselves.
All in all, the schools would be much safer and protected against shooters and violators entering the school facility. Teachers and staff carrying concealed weapons should be seriously considered.
Rate this:
Comment by Dylan_Burnell

I liked the thought behind this and i believe that it would help a lot if teachers were able to carry concealed handguns, however it brings in a lot of other problems. ( while I'm not a teacher myself i aspire to become one). The liability on something like that is enormous. All it would take for something to happen is for one mad student to say the teacher threatened them with the gun. I am all for the second amendment .I look at gun free zones as a target for things like mass shootings. Did you know that the Batman theater shooting was one of like 7 movie theaters in the area. it wasn't even the closest to the man who did it. But it was the only one that was "gun free" . It just goes to show that people are cowards.
Posted: Wednesday, January 9, 2013 1:57:35 PM
Rate this:
Comment by seamstressofwords

Hey! I'm a college intern here at Stage of Life, and I have some pretty exciting news. Channel One News, an educational program in partnership with CBS News that reaches nearly six million students in 7,000 high schools across the US, is pulling a news story together on the gun debate.

They contacted StageofLife.com looking for teens who are pro-gun rights and live in or near New York, preferably close to New York City, to be interviewed.

They saw your essay on gun rights. If you live in New York and would be interested in being interviewed for this national news story - let us know and we'll put you in touch with the reporter. If you're interested, please reach out to us at news@stageoflife.com.

Thanks!

Laura
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 3:40:02 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy