My thoughts on Newton; the truth

kristin mayes
My thoughts on Newtown

The truth

When tragedies strike we mourn. It’s okay to mourn for a while but then we have to move on. Moving on hurts. We don’t want to move on we want revenge that we simply cant have. What’s left? The poor excuse of a man who ended those beautiful adults and children’s life is dead. He knew that the consequences he would face would be severe so like the wimp he is he committed suicide. Sure it was sissy act for him to make but what’s done is done. Yet, we still feel the need to make a change that could keep tragedies like this from taking place again. I got it! We should outlaw certain guns that way people cant kill each other with them! Oh that’s a great idea right? WRONG.. If somebody really wanted to get into a school and kill children they could find a way. They could and would find a way to purchase an outlawed gun and then we would be right back to where we started. The wimp who murdered those beautiful souls wanted to cause as much destruction as he could that even though the school had installed a new security system that was supposed to prevent things just like shootings from happening , he still did it. The point is that no matter If they make a new law outlawing certain guns or install security systems that If some twisted person wanted to use one o those guns he would find a way. So in my opinion, banning guns is not the way to go. I’m not sure what should be done or if anything should be done at all. We’re humans and we cant prevent all the bad things from happening no matter how “strong” the government is. That’s the truth.
Comment by seamstressofwords

Hey! I'm a college intern here at Stage of Life, and I have some pretty exciting news. Channel One News, an educational program in partnership with CBS News that reaches nearly six million students in 7,000 high schools across the US, is pulling a news story together on the gun debate.

They contacted StageofLife.com looking for teens who are pro-gun rights and live in or near New York, preferably close to New York City, to be interviewed.

They saw your essay on gun rights. If you live in New York and would be interested in being interviewed for this national news story - let us know and we'll put you in touch with the reporter. If you're interested, please reach out to us at news@stageoflife.com.

Thanks!

Laura