My thoughts on Newtown: Being Thankful

eeyoregirl30
As I heard about the Newtown tragedy I cried. I heard about it just a year after being suicidal. I never thought something like that would happen, though. Someone actually went in a killed people- kids, even. I thought about killing myself for almost eight years, but when I think about actually being gone from everyone in this world I just cannot bear it. Since that shooting I have been more thankful than ever. I believe that we should make a memorial for these innocent lives being lost. We should never forget that lives were lost over the anger of one man. Somehow, we should not forget but remember. We should think of all of the wonderful things they brought to us while they did live on this Earth. Only moving on the best we can will make everything better in the long run.

Your essay just brought a tear to my eyes. I am sitting here thinking to myself how if you were gone, we would have never been able to hear and absorb your heartfelt words and impactful thoughts! I personally hope you always remember the depth and meaning behind the words and thoughts in your essay and never deprive all of those who are fortunate enough to be around you! Thank you for sharing your heart!

- Greg Phillips
Editor, Stage Of Life
Posted: Saturday, January 5, 2013 1:57:53 PM
Comment by eeyoregirl30

Thank you so much! Reading your comment just put a huge smile on my face. I hope everyone enjoys my essay as much as you do.
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 6:09:31 PM
Comment by seamstressofwords

Hey! I'm a college intern here at Stage of Life, and I have some pretty exciting news. Channel One News, an educational program in partnership with CBS News that reaches nearly six million students in 7,000 high schools across the US, is pulling a news story together on the gun debate.

They contacted StageofLife.com looking for teens who are pro-gun rights and live in or near New York, preferably close to New York City, to be interviewed.

They saw your essay on gun rights. If you live in New York and would be interested in being interviewed for this national news story - let us know and we'll put you in touch with the reporter. If you're interested, please reach out to us at news@stageoflife.com.

Thanks!

Laura