My thoughts on Newton: a tragedy to think about

iluvtowrite
On December 14, 2012 in Newton, Connecticut a tragedy happened that tared apart what I thought about our society. I like to think that I am safe where I am at, but for such a horrible deed to have been at a elementary school shattered my whole being. It made me feel angry, sad, and horrified that something like that could happen to such innocent children who have so much life in them, and so much to do. I may not have known any of the victims personally, but when i saw the news talking about what happened i felt a physical pain for the victims and the families that where hurt during this time. I believe that there is so many things that we can do to stop such things as this to happen. We need to be aware and understanding of certain issues that can make a person go off like that. Such things as: mental health, family issues, the video games children/teens play, and even some of the music we listen to. I believe that if we improve our awareness and start learning the signs of some of these issues that occur in our brain that we can help improve our health so that there are less people that would ever want or try to do something like this. Then, I believe things would start to slow down and occur less and less. My heart goes out to the victims that died that very tragic day, God bless them and I hope that we can continue to make it safer for people in our society.