STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Be the Change: Spread Bullying Awareness and Encourage, ‘Stay Strong’

aishakhorana
This can happen anywhere. It can depress you and leave scars that don’t disappear easily. For some, this experience sticks with them for their entire lifetime. Being a common reason for suicide, bullying is unfortunately something that thousands of people go through every day. I myself have gone through being severely bullied, and it is something I wish for no one to go through.
Bullying can affect someone in many ways. For one, it can cause a loss of confidence. For example, I was always so confident with myself, who I was and the kind of person I wanted to come across as. The question, “What would everyone else think?” Never came to my mind. Now, after being torn down for a couple years, that question is pretty much what my life revolves around. Bullying made me more self-conscious and more afraid to do things in front of anyone. It has affected me in so many more ways, some a lot more life-altering and serious- like developing severe anxiety and depression. I struggle on an daily basis with a panic disorder and social anxiety disorder. There were days I would run home from school, and cry all day. The problem is that many people don’t realize how much their words can hurt and how powerful they can be. Bullying can definitely take over your life and change who you are. It swallows you up and you have to be really strong to fight it. Written in the article, ‘From Lockers to Lockup,’ about 700,000 teens attempt suicide per year because of some form of bullying. When people are bullied, they often feel like they don’t belong, and like others don’t want them around. I don’t want anyone to feel like that, or anyone to go through what I did. That is why this year, I am going to be the change. My goal is to bring the words, ‘Stay Strong’ into the limelight and inspire people to follow it. Without being inspired to stay strong by former Disney star Demi Lovato, I would be a crumbling mess by now. “Stay strong. Make them wonder why you’re still smiling.” This is the quote I have begun to live by and I am so thankful for it. Words can truly make an impact in your life! I am going to spread awareness with a few school presentations on bullying awareness, how harmful it really is, why it needs to stop, what we can do, and what to do if you are being bullied. I also want to let people know that if they are being bullied, they can get help and they have to ‘stay strong’.
Letting people know that what they are doing is wrong is the first step. Stand up for people and never become the bully yourself. This is what I am going to do. Hopefully one day this tragic worldwide problem will come to an end.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy