Be the Change: Salvation of Motivation in Changing the World

AlexPark
Pessimistically speaking, the world is undoubtedly far too large of a venue for an individual to choose to make immediate change on a widespread scale. Along with combating this issue, one must face the stereotypical challenges of fulfilling a New Year’s Resolution for 2013. The combination of these two matters is why in the upcoming year, I shall embark on a journey to help others make the changes that they wish to achieve. By doing so, I will be able to indirectly execute multiple positive tasks simultaneously and make a much larger impact on the world community than thought possible upon the initial undertaking this endeavor.
Each and every day, people from all walks of life spark marvelous ideas that entail seemingly insurmountable obstacles. Often times these obstacles barricade success and force individuals to abandon all hopes of executing their ideas. Simply imagine a world in which previously unimaginable things were made possible. Imagine that together, with the help of others, one could literally change the world for the better. My approach to improvement on a worldwide scale is far more effective than others, as it does not specialize in one field, but rather welcomes those in need of aid from any background. For example, I would seek to help Virginia Lafontant (mentioned in essay requirements) succeed in helping young people improve their perspective on body image perhaps by recruiting professional opinions, or publicizing further surveys. However, while doing so, I would also have the leniency to help another thoughtful citizen combat another rising issue, such as domestic violence.
Furthermore, often times there is power in numbers. It is unfathomable how rapidly positive deeds can spread. For example, if each time one person conducted a good deed for another, who would then reciprocate by helping just two others in need, imagine how widespread this exponential growth would become! Sometimes tasks are simply too daunting for one person to take on, which is why I feel that my services would be better utilized if spread amongst others than focused on one objective that would make change to one miniscule aspect of life. It pains me to even imagine all of the great ideas floating around the minds of people going to waste! If I could help put these changes in action, by utilizing whatever resources I have, I will have aided enough separate causes to actually change the lives of not just one group of people, but the world as a whole.