STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Be the Change: I Need Change

saralindsayy
Like any other teenager, I struggle from depression and anxiety. My mistake is letting it control my life. It’s hard to have self-confidence and optimism whenever my state of mind is so distracted. Sometimes, it feels like everything I do isn’t enough, but it really is even though it doesn’t seem like it at the moment. Everybody can’t be strong all the time, or they’ll break. Life doesn’t even feel real at times because I feel so numb that I don’t feel anything at all. When life catches up with me I become over stimulated with all the things I need to do perfectly. I pressure myself to be perfect.
This year, I am suffering from manic depression and anxiety. I don’t want to be medicated; I feel like something else is controlling me because the medicine is interfering with the chemistry in my body. I don’t want a psychologist because I don’t like the idea of paying someone to pretend they care about my problems. I want to have the strength to overcome something that is within my own mind and body. I don’t have control over my feelings because the concept of controlling that part of my brain is not in my grasp. I do have hereditary depression, which means I have a chemical imbalance that causes me to act/react in certain ways.
Next year, everything is going to change. I’m going to have control over everything possible in my life. My parents have finally alleviated some of their authorities over me because they realized I’m growing up and will be sixteen this year. I’m going to accept medication since it is something I cannot control alone. To help my depression I will try to stay busy at all times while trying to find new interests when I don’t have anything to do. Making new friends should be easier, and maybe I’ll be able to attach myself to people better than this recent year. My grades are important to me and I’ve developed an efficient study habit, so I should do well academically. Everything just needs to fall into place, and if not I just need to go with the flow.

Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy