Be the Change: Small Changes in Time

BreannaMarie
Be The Change: I Will Help Myself By Making Small Changes With How I Spend My Time
Today I received a personal revelation. Lately I have been feeling down and not happy within myself. I would always put on a big front for everybody but I knew deep inside that I needed to change. It had been hard moving to a whole different area and starting at a different high school as a junior. I thought that I would be happy and I would make a lot of friends. It has not been that way at all. I have made friends but it has not been anything like what I imagined.
Over the summer I had been making changes as to what church I should go to and things of that nature. Little did I know that I would have more changes to make just within myself and my attitude. I would always hear that you need to continually make changes within yourself and your life. But I never really put too much thought into it. It has been more difficult to make different changes than what I thought it would be.
Life is like a roller coaster. You go through ups and downs. You don’t know what is going to happen to you until it does. I have had too many roller coaster rides to even count. Some were awesome and others were not. But for me the most interesting ones are when I make changes. Especially when I have no idea what to expect.
For about a few weeks I haven’t been too happy and I was kind of feeling like I was wasting my time and life away. I would always just come home, eat, do some homework, and just get on facebook for a few hours. But on facebook I wasn’t messaging friends or anything. I was just looking at what everybody was posting about having good times and that would make me even more down because I wasn’t doing too much. So on Sunday I realized that it needed to change. So I deleted my facebook.
While I was deleting my facebook I was not too sure if I was making the right decision. But when it was all said and done I felt good about my decision. I really felt like that was a big step in changing for the better. Ever since I deleted my facebook I have noticed I’m more happy and doing better things with my time. I have not been in such a depressive mood like how I used to be. I have been able to do more things during the day. I made some Christmas cards for my family, which I most likely would have forgotten if I still was on facebook all the time. I also baked for my mom before she got home. I knew that baking for her would really make her happy so I surprised her.
I’m happy with the small changes I have made. And I don’t feel like it is only affecting me personally, but I feel like my changes affects the people around me also. And I am happy my changes have been for the better.