Nobody's Perfect

amber stinnett
Everyone is not perfect; yet we all try to be this model image the media has set out for us. We are all pressured about being beautiful or skinny. From these expectations one can develop a low self-esteem. We develop a desire of being perfect from looking through magazines or watching television and seeing these beautiful women with no blemishes just perfect skin, and a body that would stop a moving car.
I struggle everyday with thinking I’m not pretty or I’m fat. I literally hate everything about me. Why? Is it because the entire population has this sort of perfect super model type image and thinks everyone should be like that? It’s hard but it’s never worth being something you’re not; just be you. We all have to learn to respect ourselves and see true and real beauty, inside and out. Forget what everyone says about you and just listen to yourself.
I suffer from very low self-esteem. Every day I look in the mirror and all I see is this huge monster that would scare little children compared to Drew Barrymore who is a beautiful women and she just seems like she has no problems. I’ve been trying new techniques to build a higher confidence level by not criticizing myself and looking at my image in a negative way. Everyone should love themselves which means looking deeper into yourself and forgetting what others say. Look into the mirror and say wow I really am beautiful and compliment yourself.