How young teenage girls are affected by society's image of beautiful.

southerngirl323
I have a problem in this world that applies to me personally. I have a problem with how girls think about themselves and what their solution to it is. Suicide in the end. All girls have a self esteem problem or think about their insecurities every day. Either they think they are fat or they think there is something wrong with their facial features. Everybody wants to fit in. Everybody wants to be accepted. Problem is, that doesn’t always happen. And what is the solution. Self harm or worse. The way society is they often don’t help. You always see these stick thin models with perfect skin and society has made girls think that is the image of beautiful. What is beauty? Is it skinny? Is it perfect? Yes. Is it plus size? Is it personality? Yes. Beauty is more than a body image and it is more than a picture in a magazine. But so many people tell girls this and still nobody believes it. I wonder why. Society is the only one with a voice loud enough to overpower the ones saying you are perfect the way you are. Nobody listens to the small voices telling you. All anyone hears is the loud booming voice telling you to change yourself. To fix yourself to be their image of beautiful and perfect. I want to be someone who gathers others together and overcomes the voice of society. I want to be someone who stops the suicide and self harm because you don’t fit society’s image of perfect. Will you ever fit the image? Will you ever live up to it? No… Because it will constantly change. As soon as you finally fit the image, it changed again. Beautiful. Perfect. Never fitting in. The words that can offer a change of heart and a change of mind. Overcome the voice of society. Put a sock in their mouth and grab a megaphone. Shout the truth. Change our lives.