Be an Idol

FatmaSiddique
An act of kindness can be one of the best gifts an individual can provide. People consider society a materialistic world. In fact, a lot of individuals do have a cellphones, computers and other electronic devices, but nothing can compare to a compassionate smile that shows gratitude. The recent events in America have shown us to be thankful for what we have. However, why can’t we forget about social classes, we are part of the same society? The first initiative can start by offering each other positive reinforcement and displaying that someone cares. The Founding Fathers of America elucidated that civic virtue is one of the first principles of a citizen’s responsibilities. My role in the world as a current high school student would be offering as much kindness as I can to my peers. I realized that a lot of kids have been committing suicide because the environment we live in is cruel. Additionally, I love to help the little kids in my former elementary school with their homework and to play with them while they wait for their parents. Mahatma Gandhi displayed civil disobedience for the independence of India. Nevertheless, this does not conclude that everyone has to do something as heroic as Gandhi, because by putting everything else aside and contributing your time to a stranger shows ultimate affection. My history teacher stated, “…Little good things eventually become big good things.” Observations and experience indicated to me that individuals are taken advantage of and their voices have been oppressed. Therefore, the people in our society feel neglected and lonely. Hopefully as a future lawyer I will be able to support the folks in our communities with their problems. Indicating that there are people that are willing to put themselves to their rescue.