Be the Change: Honesty is the Best Policy

ttasnim
According to a world known apothegm, “Honesty is the best policy” and so the personal change I will bring in myself in 2013 will be honesty. Founding father Thomas Jefferson once affirmed, “Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.” Throughout the year of 2012, although I have promised, but I have been dishonest to myself regarding several issues. For example, from the start of January, I promised to myself that I will be completely ready for the Constitution Competition before February arrives, however, I end up making my flash cards at 1 am in the morning, the day of the Competition. Additionally, every night, I lie to myself about organizing my closet the next day however, at the end of the day, it's always my mom who organizes my closet. During the summer of 2012, I was determined to study diligently the SAT study guides but to my dismay, I did study the books but only the first day of summer. Addendum to my promises, I was motivated to be on top of my schedule for my junior year in high school, since it is one of most important years . Antipodal to what I pictured, for almost all my assignments I am now procrastinating. Managing my time with AP and Honors classes, I barely get the time for studying the SAT. Additionally, I am still unorganized regarding my closet and room. Therefore, for 2013, I will try to be honest about my promises and determinations. In enforcing my promises, I will create a contract with my parents. Although it might sound baffling as well as foolish to many, however, it is the best option to keep my determinations valid. When signing the contract, I will agree to adhere with my promises and be honest with them. Additionally, I will also agree to the consequences that will come with the denouncement of the contract; the consequences will range from the abeyance of my cell phone to the deduction of my allowances. In this way, I will achieve the change I want to see in myself during 2013 – honesty regarding my determinations and promises.
Comment by FatmaSiddique

So True, Great Job!
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 12:57:30 AM