STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Be the Change: Honesty is the Best Policy

ttasnim
According to a world known apothegm, “Honesty is the best policy” and so the personal change I will bring in myself in 2013 will be honesty. Founding father Thomas Jefferson once affirmed, “Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.” Throughout the year of 2012, although I have promised, but I have been dishonest to myself regarding several issues. For example, from the start of January, I promised to myself that I will be completely ready for the Constitution Competition before February arrives, however, I end up making my flash cards at 1 am in the morning, the day of the Competition. Additionally, every night, I lie to myself about organizing my closet the next day however, at the end of the day, it's always my mom who organizes my closet. During the summer of 2012, I was determined to study diligently the SAT study guides but to my dismay, I did study the books but only the first day of summer. Addendum to my promises, I was motivated to be on top of my schedule for my junior year in high school, since it is one of most important years . Antipodal to what I pictured, for almost all my assignments I am now procrastinating. Managing my time with AP and Honors classes, I barely get the time for studying the SAT. Additionally, I am still unorganized regarding my closet and room. Therefore, for 2013, I will try to be honest about my promises and determinations. In enforcing my promises, I will create a contract with my parents. Although it might sound baffling as well as foolish to many, however, it is the best option to keep my determinations valid. When signing the contract, I will agree to adhere with my promises and be honest with them. Additionally, I will also agree to the consequences that will come with the denouncement of the contract; the consequences will range from the abeyance of my cell phone to the deduction of my allowances. In this way, I will achieve the change I want to see in myself during 2013 – honesty regarding my determinations and promises.
Rate this:
Comment by FatmaSiddique

So True, Great Job!
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 12:57:30 AM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy