Just THINK

shay2013
Too many times in my life I have brought trouble on myself from listening and contributing to gossip. Gossip is described as “idle talk or rumor, usually about the personal or private affairs of others” this usually if not always leads to some sort of drama or unnecessary conflictions (dictionary.com). If people would simply THINK before they speak, not think, as you would find the word described in the dictionary, but the acronym.
T, ask yourself if what your saying is truthful, H, is it helpful, I does it inspire confidence, N, is it necessary information and K, is it kind? This could save countless altercations and many tears or hurt feelings. Especially since these rumors fly so much faster now that social media has become such a staple in everyone’s lives. Just recently, I contributed to a dispute on a social media site and though I thought I was proving a point at the time, I ended up disappointed in myself because the whole argument made everyone involved look ridiculous, if I just would have applied THINK in that situation, I could have saved myself some trouble. This simple acronym cannot only be applied to my life and aid me in becoming a better person, but can help change many people in the world.
There is drama and fights everywhere around the world and a lot of them are stemmed from gossip. If people could be taught this uncomplicated way of THINKing a lot of trouble could be solved before they even started. The only bad thing about this new way to THINK is that a lot of television shows would be canceled, since the reason people watch them is for the outrageous drama. Using this in life would leave you with many more friends than enemies and take away a lot of stress in your life.
Spreading the Word about THINK is something relatively easy that I could do to help make others including myself better and in turn create a better world. Mahatma Gandhi said, “You must be the change you want to see in the world”, changing myself is just the first step in a process that, if people learn to use and apply will benefit everyone. This is a positive way to look at the world and the change I want to make happen in 2013!