Be the Change

jordan2013
Making a change in the world is somewhat difficult, but making a change in yourself is even harder. You might say you know yourself, but do you really? Have you taken a look in the review mirror and asked yourself if this is how you want your life to be or how you want people to see yourself in the next ten years?
In the next couple of weeks we will be starting another new year, 2013. Looking back on the past I have made some bad decisions, but I am happy to say that I have learned from those mistakes and plan to use the mistakes to help me change even more this next year. I also plan on getting a better GPA next semester to help lessen the stress of worrying about graduating high school and to help get more scholarships. Graduating is a huge change for me, simply because it means I’m one step closer to living on my own and not seeing my parent’s everyday like I do now. I also see myself being more open with others and asking for more help when it’s needed instead of sitting back and simply not answering the question.
The new year is a step in a huge, scary direction, but with the people I have in my life I’m sure I’ll do just fine. I also hope this new year helps get my sister and I closer together because all the fighting and bickering is not worth it anymore seeing as though I leave soon and will only really get to see her on breaks or when my family comes up to visit. The change in my life is to be a better person and finish high school to get the chance to have a better life for myself and let my parents know that I’m not going to be one of those people who quit college. Being the type of person where I blank every time I take a test is tough, and I hope that’s another thing I can try to change for the new year to come and become a better test taker. I also plan to change my ways of becoming a better essay writer. My writing is okay but not good enough for the level I should be at. Being able to change the way my life is something that will take more than a couple of weeks to accomplish. Each year is the only chance you get to completely start over and make each year better than the last.
This next year I plan on changing everything in my life, from test taking to becoming a student athlete in college. Also having good grades and finishing out my high school career with a good GPA and being happy with all my decisions. Life is too short to worry about the little things and regret every choice you make. The year of 2013 will be a good year for change for me.