Be the Change: Finding my Passion

bschmidt
New Year’s Passion

Similar to any other morning, I walked into the coffee shop and ordered my regular medium smoothie. Just as I was walking out, the owner called me back and asked me a question that has not left my mind since the day he asked. His question to me was, “What’s your passion in life?” As simple as that question may seem to answer, this question had me puzzled. He then asked, “What could you do for hours and never get bored?” I didn’t really have an answer but as the new-year rolls in, I see an opportunity to change my dull routines and try to make a change in my life by doing things I love and am passionate about.
Every new-year I tell myself it’s the perfect time to make a change in my life. Through past experience I find these “New Year’s Resolutions” last for about three months if I’m really motivated, otherwise I gradually lose interest in my goal. I feel like 2013 is the time for me to actually make the change in my lifestyle to better live to do things I’m interested in. If I start the new-year with a fresh attitude and a lot of motivation, I can achieve the goals of living a fun, easy-going life doing things I love. I feel like this year will be easier for me to make this change because graduation will be here in a blink and the real world is next. When I leave high school, I’m stepping into an atmosphere where I can be whoever I want and do anything that makes me happy and fulfills my passion. If a person doesn’t do what they love, then what do they even have to look forward to in their life? Waking up every morning with passion to do something with your life is important and the beginning of 2013 is a perfect time for me to make my dreams come true by living a passionate happy life.
The owner of the coffee shop helped to open my eyes and see that to have a good successful life, you have to have something to live for in the first place. You have to find a passion and work hard to achieve it through a life of happiness. Thankfully 2012 is coming to an end so that the beginning of 2013 gives me a new chance to start over fresh and make a change in my life by living with and for my passion.