Be the Change: The Change of a Life

carloscafe
A change in someone’s life can be something as simple as exercising to completely changing their outlook on life. Sometimes a change you make does not have to directly affect you but someone else in the world. On television you see those commercials where you can adopt and donate so much money a day for a helpless child in need. I think for the change I want to make in life is doing this. In 2013 I plan on sponsoring a child and donating money to help this kid in need.
Mother Teresa once said “If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.” I know it takes more than one person to end world hunger but it only takes one person to make a difference. At The First United Methodist Church of Eureka we participate in a program called Heifer International. Heifer International is a program where, depending on the amount of money raised the church can either buy a cow, sheep, pigs, flock of geese, or chickens for a family in Africa. We fund the organization with a tube we have placed in the sanctuary where adults and children can donate quarters into the it and once filled, we buy an animal that can help a family in Africa that is in need. This is something that I have participated in but I want to do more to help.
I plan on doing research on organizations that I can become a part of too better the life of a child. Honestly it is not hard for me to believe that someone would masquerade as a fake organization to better themselves. That is why I want to do research before I begin. I do not know the specifics on how I will be helping the child but I do know that I am making a difference.
I honestly think before fixing other countries we should help our own. I do not know any organizations that are similar to the ones I am currently looking at that contribute to the impoverished in America. This may not seem like I am making a big difference in the world but it is going to make a difference in a kid’s life. I hope this helps him or her a lot and makes their lives easier. I hope to create a brighter future for the kid.