Be the Change: Revising Myself

extremlysarah
Change is a word people both embrace and fear. When the world around us is constantly transforming to meet the needs of our society today, we can sometimes find ourselves searching for stable ground. Around me I see my friends and family shifting to how their lives bend them, and at times I find myself going with them. Occasionally I find myself wondering why I act a certain way or why I said what I said. When I stop to think about it, I realize I have lost myself in order to meet the needs of others and not myself. I realize I need to figure out who I am, and by the end of 2013 I want to be able to say, “This is the real me, not someone else running the controls.”
One of the main issues I want to alter about myself is how I show my faith to others. Throughout high school I feel as if I have hidden how I feel about God and my faith in Him due to the fact many are not into church. At home I am able to express my faith because my dad is minister, but around peers I do a terrible job at letting them know how I feel. In 2013, I want to continue to grow in my faith and show others how strongly I feel without worry of being ridiculed. I also hope to meet others who feel the same as I do so we can help each other grown in our relationships with God.
Another transformation I want to see in myself is my self-confidence level. Anyone who knows me knows I am always questioning my capabilities and myself. I want to be able to feel confident in what I am doing and to not doubt myself when others question what I am doing. If I could overcome my self-confidence issues, I know I could also overcome other barriers I have set on myself. I could be more confident in my musical talents, intelligence, or athletic capabilities. This year I have already overcome the weight issue I used to have, and I hope that next year I can continue to progress on getting myself into shape. The smallest of accomplishments make me happy because they help to boost my self-confidence and I hope that next year I will be able to feel good about myself on a regular basis.
By the end of 2013 I want to be able to see some positive changes in myself, even if I do not meet all my goals I have set. I know I must work hard to achieve the targets I have set for myself, and I am willing to push myself as much as I need to. The road to change will not be quick and easy, but a year full of challenges I hope to meet head on and overcome.