STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Be The Change: Priorities And My Social Life

srobinson
2013: Prioritize and Socialize
A new year brings a new perspective on things. Whether you want to change yourself, or the world, the New Year is a perfect opportunity to mark the starting point for change. For me, New Years is like a pep talk in my mind telling me to start changing my perspective on a lot of things, including: my priorities and my social life. I want to change myself for the better, to escape the side of me that everyone has already seen. These last few months have been hard for me, from moving out on my own, to dealing with peer-pressure, and then moving into a new home in an entirely new environment. After all of this change, I became distant with most people because I was trying to get my head straight after the drama that had erupted in my life; I didn’t make good choices and because of that, I’ve been struggling with my social life and getting my grades up. This New Year, I will change myself for the better to get my life back on track, and live it to the fullest.
At this very moment in my life, my priorities are in a jumble. For instance, I would rather spend my paycheck on getting my hair done or gifts for others, than saving it for the car I’ve been spending the last two years “working towards”. Another example would be my education, and prioritizing my assignments over reading. I have this bad habit of leisure reading instead of getting my English paper written. Because of this, I suffer the consequences of procrastination. I could write a beautiful paper, but I never put the time and energy into it like I should, because I wait until the last second to do it. For me, prioritizing is the difference between succeeding in college and becoming a college dropout, therefore, adjusting my priorities is the change that I need to make in order to make a better person of myself.
By prioritizing my assignments and not procrastinating, I will obtain more free time (hopefully). I’m going to college next fall, which is like being dropped into an ocean with no life-saving device handy. This means that I need to start deviating from my shyness, and make new friends, or risk drowning. This will probably be my biggest change in myself, thus far in my life, but I know that its necessary to step outside of my comfort zone at some point in my life, and the last semester before college seems like the perfect opportunity. By changing myself this New Year, I am giving myself plenty of time to adjust to the change before college starts. Hopefully, by then, I will be a “pro” at making friends.
This coming New Year, the changes I make in myself will define me for the rest of my life. When considering my New Year’s resolution, I wanted to make changes in myself in ways that wouldn’t be easy, yet wouldn’t be impossible to obtain. The changes that I will make in myself are prioritizing and stepping outside of my comfort zone by socializing. By changing my bad habits of procrastinating and staying inside my comfort zone, I’m setting the stage for a successful life.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy