STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Be the Change: Waiting For a Reason

jordanhi
Waiting For a Reason
There are many people in this world with one goal: to make a difference, and to be remembered for it. These upstarts have many avenues by which to spread their beliefs and initiatives. Some have incredible life experiences to share with the world that help others to stand up and take notice. Some merely have the drive and determination to make anything happen; these people also have a habit of not letting anything get in their way. Then there are some that merely have a talent, something they can do that makes people notice them. I suppose I am of the latter group. I have a talent that the people in my small town have come to recognize me by and I have a drive and determination that has taken me this far. The only problem is a lack of direction.
I have been singing since before I could talk; at least, that’s what my mother tells me, since I have no solid memory of that time period. However, once I did have the ability to speak under my belt, I can remember performing all around my neighborhood and sharing with others what I could do. Since those early days, I have honed my voice and, with careful instruction, learned to improve it as best I can, though I still have much to learn. I have performed in anything and everything I can, purely for the love of it. What I have realized lately though, is that my talent gives me an incredible opportunity. People listen to me when I sing. I have a way in which to tell others about what I love and what I believe in. There is only one problem. I don’t know what my cause is yet.
Having been raised in a Christian home, I learned so much about God and what it means that He sent His son to die for us. I accepted Jesus into my heart at the age of eight. Since that time, I’ve tried to understand what it is He would have me do with my life. I have waited and listened. He has given me many opportunities, shown me all the things that are possible for me. He has also shown me there are many things worth believing in. With so much information and so many causes being thrown at me, it’s become so hard to see through the clutter into what my heart really wants to do.
Until I know in my heart what God wants me to do, my only cause is to share my faith with as many people as I can. There are open and ready hearts that wait only to hear about Him. Right now, that’s enough cause for me to use my talent. Right now, I will share what I have with the world and do my best to change the lives of others.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy