Be the Change: Waiting For a Reason

jordanhi
Waiting For a Reason
There are many people in this world with one goal: to make a difference, and to be remembered for it. These upstarts have many avenues by which to spread their beliefs and initiatives. Some have incredible life experiences to share with the world that help others to stand up and take notice. Some merely have the drive and determination to make anything happen; these people also have a habit of not letting anything get in their way. Then there are some that merely have a talent, something they can do that makes people notice them. I suppose I am of the latter group. I have a talent that the people in my small town have come to recognize me by and I have a drive and determination that has taken me this far. The only problem is a lack of direction.
I have been singing since before I could talk; at least, that’s what my mother tells me, since I have no solid memory of that time period. However, once I did have the ability to speak under my belt, I can remember performing all around my neighborhood and sharing with others what I could do. Since those early days, I have honed my voice and, with careful instruction, learned to improve it as best I can, though I still have much to learn. I have performed in anything and everything I can, purely for the love of it. What I have realized lately though, is that my talent gives me an incredible opportunity. People listen to me when I sing. I have a way in which to tell others about what I love and what I believe in. There is only one problem. I don’t know what my cause is yet.
Having been raised in a Christian home, I learned so much about God and what it means that He sent His son to die for us. I accepted Jesus into my heart at the age of eight. Since that time, I’ve tried to understand what it is He would have me do with my life. I have waited and listened. He has given me many opportunities, shown me all the things that are possible for me. He has also shown me there are many things worth believing in. With so much information and so many causes being thrown at me, it’s become so hard to see through the clutter into what my heart really wants to do.
Until I know in my heart what God wants me to do, my only cause is to share my faith with as many people as I can. There are open and ready hearts that wait only to hear about Him. Right now, that’s enough cause for me to use my talent. Right now, I will share what I have with the world and do my best to change the lives of others.