STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Be the Change: To change the eyes of society

angelicamariesd
What is my change for the upcoming 2013 year? Well, it’s simple, to reach out to others around me. To help the kids just like me who have suffered from depression, suicidal thoughts, and even hating themselves. I want to be the change in the world that sheds light on these individuals and give them the chance to see the good in themselves and the world around them.
Suicide is one of the highest and most severe problems among the youth of today. Suicide becomes a possibility of needs of coping with a huge sense of pain when there is no more resources for one to use. Many adults today see suicide as a choice, a selfish choice from that person to make. They do not understand to or try to really sit down and think about it for a moment. People do not take the time to feel the pain the person has welling up inside of them. Society looks so negatively towards people with suicidal attempts or thoughts, they even throw them into a psych ward for it as well. They do not stop and try in the least bit to acknowledge these people as truly human, it’s a “character flaw” “their mind isn’t right”, and “they’re just selfish people who want attention from others.”
Well I am tired of hearing that through society, I want to stop the cruel nature of where we live today. Suicide is NOT an imbalance of chemicals, they are NOT psychotic, they are simply humans who have been through too much to deal with. They need help, because they have done it alone and it did not work well enough. They are not selfish in the least bit, most are actually the nicest people who get taken advantage of.
I, myself have been suicidal at one point and have even attempted, I was not seeking attention or going crazy. I was simply just in a tremendous amount of pain that I could not deal with. Many people are exactly the same and I want to be that bright light over them who gives them the push they need. To be the person telling them they can get through it, that there are many people who love them, they are perfect. These people do not have that in this generation, we keep it all to ourselves and do everything by ourselves and I want to be that difference. I want to be the one who sets the motion to change societies eyes on suicide. For that to happen, I have to do be the one to stand up and fight for these people, to keep them here with us for a brighter, more caring future for all.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy