STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Be The Change:I will help change the outlook on life and give hope to teenagers through music.

Sadie Capri
Music is a big part of everyone’s life. We hear it when we are in the car, at work, when we’re hanging out with friends. Our mood depends on the music around us. Scary movies wouldn’t be quite so horrifying without that eerie music playing in the background. Sometimes when we are happy, we just need an upbeat song to get us dancing and laughing! My goal this year is to make music to help those who are going through hard times.

Recently, I have been going through a rough time myself. When it seemed like all hope was lost, I heard a song that completely changed my attitude towards life. I wanted to be happy! For the first time in a while, I had hope for the future. That is when I first started writing music. Whenever I was feeling low, I would write my feelings down on paper and start humming a random tune. It was very therapeutic for me. Just by writing, my mood would start to lift.

I soon realized that not only could my music help me, but it can help others too! When my best friend’s mother passed away, I sat down and began writing. I sent the song to my friend, who was overcome with emotion. She told me that was exactly what she needed to hear. My heart soared at her words. I wanted to write more and more, just to put a smile on her face!

I want to help other people who are hurting too. There are so many teens of today that are struggling with depression, heartache, bullying, loneliness… They need to know that they are not going through these trials alone. There are people out in the world who care about them individually. There is hope. I want them to feel that through my music, to understand that through the lyrics. When they feel like there is a piece missing, I want them to listen to my songs and feel peace, hope, and maybe even happiness.

We can connect through music like nothing else can. My hope for this upcoming year, 2013, is to change the world with my music. Inspire teenagers. Put smiles on children’s faces. Make grandparents and parents laugh because they remember when they were teenagers, but cry because there is someone who could help the ones they love. I want to help change the world.

Take my hand,
Don’t give up on me now.
I will catch you when you fall,
I won’t let you hit the ground.
So keep your eyes open,
Look for the good things in life,
‘Cause don’t you know
There’s always sunshine after the rainfall.
Rate this:
Comment by Kwweesten

Music really does make the greatest difference. I loved you're last stanza of lyrics, very uplifting!
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2013 2:28:00 PM
Rate this:
Comment by Nate DeRose

Congratulations! Your essay has been chosen as a Semi-Finalist for the "Be the Change" December writing contest.

Check out the full writing contest summary here: http://www.stageoflife.com/TeensandBodyImage.aspx

We loved reading your essay and look forward to reading your future essays on StageofLife.com. Please continue to write for our contests!

-Nate DeRose
Writing Intern
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 6:52:11 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy