Be the Change: Be The Change of 2013

tlorand16
Theo Lorand
Ms. Pinto
Web Design
12 December 2012
Be The Change of 2013
I will be the change of 2013 by finding an organization I can become passionate about, or
just find one that needs volunteers. It really does not matter, because the reward I get from
volunteering far exceeds simply making a financial contribution. Getting involved in a non-profit
organization once a month can make a huge difference in my community, expand my social
circle, and give me great satisfaction that I am doing something positive to help someone or
something that does not have it as good as me. Spend a little time researching local non-profits,
make some calls and ask what they need from volunteers, and think about any special skills I can
offer them. I am not just going to throw myself into volunteering for children’s charity just
because I like kids. I will try to find an organization that will make good use of me and my time.