STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Be the change: I want to help my peers realise that we all have a broad and open future.

CorvetteCaptain
I feel the problem with a lot of people my age is that they believe that high school lasts forever. They think that who they are now will be the same as when they are adults. They feel that if their cool now or popular amongst their peers that they will always be like this. In the future things change. When a person who was close the lower part of the social scale goes to college, he or she might think “I have nothing to lose”. This will then cause said person to become a very sociable and likeable person throughout college and life. A child who has been on the other side of the spectrum may think “ I was so cool through grade school and high school that I need to try and keep up what I did.” They will try to do the same things they did earlier in life but will slide lower don’t he social scale because there lack of ability interact in a more mature manner. They feel powerful and act deplorably in order to get attention and laughter but later on this will only cause problems.
The problem is that there so used to having close friends from there old schools when they go through high school that they lose the ability to make new friends all on their own. Everyone already knows them so they lack the ability to introduce themselves to others in any other environment besides sports or school. What seems funny or popular now only makes the person look like they are an overgrown child when they get older. They aren’t respected and can barely function when they go out on their own.
When the youth think that this is the only time of their life that matters, they start drinking and doing drugs because it will make them look cooler or more mature. They feel the need to do substances in an attempt to get high or have a good time, despite what repercussion s they must go through later on in life. When someone interacts with their peers and nine times out of ten they are under the influence of a drug, they begin to depend on this substance in order to interact in a more relaxed environment. This mindset causes my peers to throw away their future for a night of fun.
As a member of the youth I will strive to help my fellow peers realize that they have more to life then what they can see now, there is so much more that can be achieved then what is comprehensible at this stage of life. We need to reevaluate how we are living and see if our current actions are helping us to a more fruitful and prosperous future instead of holding us back.

Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy