Be the change: I want to help my peers realise that we all have a broad and open future.

CorvetteCaptain
I feel the problem with a lot of people my age is that they believe that high school lasts forever. They think that who they are now will be the same as when they are adults. They feel that if their cool now or popular amongst their peers that they will always be like this. In the future things change. When a person who was close the lower part of the social scale goes to college, he or she might think “I have nothing to lose”. This will then cause said person to become a very sociable and likeable person throughout college and life. A child who has been on the other side of the spectrum may think “ I was so cool through grade school and high school that I need to try and keep up what I did.” They will try to do the same things they did earlier in life but will slide lower don’t he social scale because there lack of ability interact in a more mature manner. They feel powerful and act deplorably in order to get attention and laughter but later on this will only cause problems.
The problem is that there so used to having close friends from there old schools when they go through high school that they lose the ability to make new friends all on their own. Everyone already knows them so they lack the ability to introduce themselves to others in any other environment besides sports or school. What seems funny or popular now only makes the person look like they are an overgrown child when they get older. They aren’t respected and can barely function when they go out on their own.
When the youth think that this is the only time of their life that matters, they start drinking and doing drugs because it will make them look cooler or more mature. They feel the need to do substances in an attempt to get high or have a good time, despite what repercussion s they must go through later on in life. When someone interacts with their peers and nine times out of ten they are under the influence of a drug, they begin to depend on this substance in order to interact in a more relaxed environment. This mindset causes my peers to throw away their future for a night of fun.
As a member of the youth I will strive to help my fellow peers realize that they have more to life then what they can see now, there is so much more that can be achieved then what is comprehensible at this stage of life. We need to reevaluate how we are living and see if our current actions are helping us to a more fruitful and prosperous future instead of holding us back.