Be the Change: Positive Opinions

bdignes16
In 2013 this world has a plethora of errors to make up for from the year of 2012 and before. Of all of the things that can be controversial in this world, the most significant dilemma is the creator of chaos itself, opinion. It’s not that opinion needs to be completely obliterated, but people cannot let their self-esteem impact their decisions and showing a negative view even though that is not how they truly feel. So in 2013 people, in general need to ignore their egos and go forward in a positive way while avoiding contempt towards others.
Errors that have been made throughout this world can be slowly amended if people do not give into peer pressure. A big goal for this year is to stay kind as to not bring the self esteem of others down which will eventually start a chain of events. Think of many wars and protests. The reason they start is because some one points out that in their opinion there is something wrong with what others are doing. If that could be avoided in simple situations it would never snowball and create some of the biggest conflicts in the world’s history.
At other times when disaster strikes most people put negative opinions aside and help those in need and always hope for the better. If everyone acted this same way at all times things would be so much better and controversy would be put to a halt. Remember when Sandy struck the East Coast of the United States, how so many people got together to help the victims, especially those who were there for other reasons, such as the New York City Marathon runners who had their race cancelled. In Japan and Haiti where major earthquakes recently hit and inhabitants are still struggling to get back to homeostasis in life, people have been traveling to assist the crippled and many drives have been put together for materials and funds to be donated. Aside from the few people who attempted to scam those who were trying to help, nearly everyone acted in the most perfect way possible.
As humans, we somehow manage to handle natural disasters much better than the ones we create ourselves. When a disaster strikes people are unified and all have a goal in common, but when people have goals that are not similar to those of others, they feel that both cannot achieve their goals. Thinking that, many people try to assure that they are the only person whom can achieve their goals. If all people can realize that that it is totally irrelevant to being successful in 2013, 99% of the world’s problems will be solved. It is evident that everyone will never all come to the realization that everyone can be successful, but in 2013, there is hope that the world can get nearer to an impossible perfection.