STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Be The Change: I Will Not Gossip

cee
I’m a typical teenage girl. I like doing all the stuff that any other teenage girl does. I love hanging out with my friends, i could listen to music for hours, sleep is my favorite activity, and i eat tons of junk food. I also have a bad habit that millions of other teenage girls struggle with. That habit is talking about other people behind their back.
I know i’m not the only girl that has this problem. The things that i say aren’t necessarily terrible, nasty rumors about girls that i don’t like. The things i say sometimes even end up being about my friends. The things i say most of the time aren’t even to hurt anybody, they just kinda slip out on accident. We all have to admit, the scariest feeling in the world is when someone walks up to you and says, “I know what you said about me.”
How are you even supposed to respond to that? What am i supposed to do? Do is just say “uh, sorry?” Saying sorry doesn’t always make things better. I have decided that i will not talk bad about anyone. I will avoid other people that are gossiping, spreading rumors or even laughing at other peoples expense. I don’t know another feeling in the world worse than guilt. The guilt i feel in my stomach from talking about people is a terrible feeling to have to walk around with.
I know that saying i won’t talk about people is easy, and actually doing it will be a challenge. I’m usually not the kind of person to hold in my thoughts, but starting now, I will not talk about people, judge them, or say anything about them. I encourage everybody to at least try to be gossip-free and also guilt free.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy