Be The Change: I Will Not Gossip

cee
I’m a typical teenage girl. I like doing all the stuff that any other teenage girl does. I love hanging out with my friends, i could listen to music for hours, sleep is my favorite activity, and i eat tons of junk food. I also have a bad habit that millions of other teenage girls struggle with. That habit is talking about other people behind their back.
I know i’m not the only girl that has this problem. The things that i say aren’t necessarily terrible, nasty rumors about girls that i don’t like. The things i say sometimes even end up being about my friends. The things i say most of the time aren’t even to hurt anybody, they just kinda slip out on accident. We all have to admit, the scariest feeling in the world is when someone walks up to you and says, “I know what you said about me.”
How are you even supposed to respond to that? What am i supposed to do? Do is just say “uh, sorry?” Saying sorry doesn’t always make things better. I have decided that i will not talk bad about anyone. I will avoid other people that are gossiping, spreading rumors or even laughing at other peoples expense. I don’t know another feeling in the world worse than guilt. The guilt i feel in my stomach from talking about people is a terrible feeling to have to walk around with.
I know that saying i won’t talk about people is easy, and actually doing it will be a challenge. I’m usually not the kind of person to hold in my thoughts, but starting now, I will not talk about people, judge them, or say anything about them. I encourage everybody to at least try to be gossip-free and also guilt free.