A Plan for a More School Spirit Filled 2013

KatieMoore

My name is Sara Moore, and I have a big plan to change 2013, in my school. I’m currently a junior at Benton High School; I transferred here at the end of my sophomore year. I’ve been here for a little less than a year and I could not help but notice the lack of school spirit. Everyone just doesn’t seem to want to be a part of this school. I say this because; at the pep-rallies it looks like everyone would rather be anywhere but there including the dance line, flag line, and the cheerleaders! The school itself is a very nice, and a fine learning establishment, but it’s like the only people who want to be here is the teachers and the faculty.
Benton is the third small town I’ve lived in, and for me it’s weird to see so little school spirit. When I lived in Van, Texas I remember the whole town going to the football, basketball, baseball, and soccer games. All to show their spirit for the school, because a lot of them graduated from the high school there. Here at Benton I’ve heard some of the students say that they never plan on coming back here after they graduate. To me that is a very unpleasant thing to hear, so maybe a little bit of school spirit can change that.
My plan is to talk with the principle to see if he would allow more school involvement in our small town. I would like to do more fundraisers’; we could organize bake sales, car washes, or even an auction. I’m more than sure that this would not only get our school spirit back in to the high school, but also back into the town of Benton itself! Not only would the proceeds go to the school, but a lot would go back into the town. This idea might seem simple, but it’s going to take a good deal of work to accomplish. Students at this school do not just sign up, even if it will do well for our town, but I have a feeling with a little help from some of my new friends that I can change this school in the upcoming year. Just this little idea could do so much good for the town and the school. All everyone needs is a bit of school spirit!
Hopefully my plan to change my schools view on school spirit will succeed, I only have a year and a half to make this a place where future students will want to come and be proud to say that they graduated from Benton High School. Also to have student’s that still attend be proud to be a Tiger and show their tiger pride in and outside of the school! This may seem like a very silly change to want for most, but for me it’s something I find very serious. I never thought that I would attend a school that did not have any school spirit. Hopefully my stubborn nature, optimistic personality, and far from shy self will help bring back the school spirit that has seemed to of diapered for this school!