Be the Change: Within Myself

Baseball101
I remember sitting on the fireplace as a little kid on New Year’s Eve, listening to my parents talk amongst their peers about what they were going to change in the year to come. I eventually found out that they called these changes New Year’s resolutions, and me being a curious kid asked my mom what that was and she told me that a New Year’s resolution is a change that you plan to carry out in the New Year. I still continue that tradition to this very day, but this go around, I have decided to make my New Year’s resolution early.
The resolution that I am committed to complete for the year of 2013 is to make a pensive change in myself by being more grateful, not complaining so much, and by having more self-confidence. I feel that I take too many of my gifts, whether they are material possessions, natural talents, or even people, for granted. I presume the people in my life, my possessions, and my skills as if they are obligated to be in my presence in order to lead and guide me or to give me pleasure. The way that I plan on changing this revolting attitude is by executing more acts of beneficence towards those people that show their kindness to me, and hopefully this way I can get some sort of idea of what they go through in order to do all that they do for me.
Another way that I will be the change for myself in 2013 is by complaining less. I constantly complain about how someone else will get something either without any effort, or about how they have some resource that they were just luckily paired up with. Although I know that I cannot control matters of that nature I still get this feeling of envy. I plan on changing this behavior by simply doing what I must do in order to achieve what I want. In other words, instead of complaining about how I do not have a ninety-three average, I am going to do the work, and pay attention in class.
The last change that I plan to make for the year or 2013 is to increase my self-esteem. What I normally carry out is the downing of myself. I regularly talk bad about myself because I would see this person and he is so successful and then I would see another person and how successful she is and soon, it seemed like everyone was better than me. The way that I plan on solving this problem is by finding my positive attributes and putting those into my mind in place of Sally making the debate team.
It is obvious that I am not perfect and consist of many flaws, but who does not? With these plans, I believe that I can undergo this metamorphosis and fix some of those flaws with hard work. Hopefully though, this will not only impact me, but others as well.