Be The Change: Healthy Eating Habits

tdeckenbach16

Many people make New Years Resolutions but many tend to not follow through. Have you ever made a New Years Resolution? Did you actually follow through? Many times I make a resolution and never follow through. This upcoming year, 2013, I am determined to complete my resolution. My resolution is to start eating better. Many diseases are on the rise because kids and adults are starting to eat less fruits and vegetables and more greasy and fatty foods such as fried chicken and french fries. These foods may seem good going down but once they're in, its all down hill from there. All these fatty foods create diseases in your body and can cause lots of damage and excessive weight. Kids are the main target for this issue. Kids nowadays are all around these greasy grimy foods. Kids, including myself and my peers, need to start obtaining healthier eating habits.
Did you know that most school cafeterias sell more junk food than health foods? Of all places these cafeterias should have healthier foods over anything. Kids ages 5-18 spend 5/7 days a week in school and the outcome is going to be bad if all they are surrounded with are fatty and greasy foods. I know for myself its difficult to resist eating those foods that I crave after being surrounded by them. Nobody is saying that you should stop eating them all together but you should definitely eat these unhealthy foods in moderation. Since September, transitioning to a new school was a tad difficult but i got used to it quick. I also got into the habit of buying lunch every day from the caf. I always got a wrap with chicken or sometimes I just got chicken alone. I quickly started to realize that this is doing nothing for me and this habit needs to stop. Now, I am starting to pack a lunch every morning so i can start eating better.
Many kids should start to follow in my steps and slowly step away from consuming these extremely unhealthy foods. Parents should encourage their children to eat better and adults themselves should know better than to consume all that junk. As a teen, all you want to do is eat junk food but let me tell you, try not too! If you haven’t thought of a resolution for this year, make yours to improve your eating if necessary. Make 2013 your year!