Be The Change: Being Positive

ktodero15
Be the Change: Being Positive
I believe that in order to make the world a better place you first need to make yourself a better person. By making myself a better person I may be able to inspire others to improve themselves. There are two major things that I would like to try to improve and change. The first thing I hope to improve on is my outlook on the world and life in general. It has been brought to my attention that i am a pessimist, otherwise known as not a positive person. I believe that this hurts me considering I make everything seem worse then it actually is. This extends into my daily life considering I am very sarcastic. If I can improve on this and become more positive then others may become more positive. If we lived in a more positive world then everyone would be nicer. This could also reduce crime rates. In addition, to being more positive i would like to be able to give myself more credit. I am a very humble person and it bothers me when people brag. I find it rude and hurtful to others. It’s not fair to others who may not be good at something that you excel at for you to brag about it. They try hard too and they probably know how good you are. So why rub it in their faces? However, I do tend to put my self down in order to spare feelings. I feel uncomfortable bragging and boasting so instead I downgrade everything. This is also not a good feeling. It’s hard to tell when your “allowed” to boast a little and when you should downgrade things. I have decided that when you are awarded a special award it’s ok to be happy for yourself however you should stay grounded and remember all those times you didn’t win something. This will cause a balance. I believe that if I make these changes that 2013 will be a better year for me.