STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Problem summary...

nightmare's dream
A serious topic. The one you love , they don't know that you love them, and they have been stolen right before your very eyes.

I sit next to her during lunch. I used to sit right acoss from her and now I sit next to her as an unnoticed attempt to speak with her like before. We still speak, but not like before where sparks flew every sentence. Now a word or two will dim my flame and she has 'her', she who stole my place, to speak with.

I know jealousy isn't good, but it isn't just jealousy. It's loneliness and the childish need get attention.

"Things happen and it changes people" is what I heard and got warned about but this was too much! Luckily she can still tell how I feel with my silence next to her and my wondering eyes from my food to some other object. She knows that I am looking for something. Unfortunately she can't tell what. I refuse to tell her. I don't want to see her dishearten expression when I do tell her.

Instead a lie. Partly true with a twist to it. The lie:"I feel something is missing, like I'm empty... but i don't know..." it's true but I was holding the rest. to satisfy her interest along with her anxiety I told her that. Would that be considered a white lie?

She with her killer instinct saw my expression that showed I knew what I was missing. She even knew my lying technique which I had my heart not pounding. With a calm tone and sad look it was too perfect. Except for my eyes.

A deep dark almost black with no glint to show any emotion. I redirected my eyes from her eyes. I can no longer look into her eyes with a calm resolve but with a guilty conscience and a interior motive to knock 'her' off.

Those who sit around us are 'friends'. They laugh and talk. I play along, only to be hurt again and excluded. My words not noticed or are replaced by a sudden link topic to my subject, a relived tale from another person's mouth that jabbers on without realization of my last word.

Though not intentional to leave me out, it hurts. The more I try the more it hurts. I can't pretend to be happy with what they do or say. So instead I avoid them and leave them. All of them weren't alarmed but the one I love sees me and asks what's wrong.

I hid my jealousy to keep her happy, instead it back fired and took my jealousy and directed it toward my silence. I hid my unwanted hatred and buried it along with jealousy. There in my heart started the list of long grudges.

How do I tell her that I'm lonely without looking pathetic? How do I tell her that I love her without breaking what we have now? How do I tell her that our so called friends are hurting me without being so different?
How can I express my feelings without seeing her face?

- ND
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy