The simple things

mvpchrisdunn
The Simple Things
In life people are always talking and asking themselves whats going on and how they got to this point. Often times the answer to that question is no, and we all find ourselves saying the same thing at times. If you look back far enough though most of the time, the issue that is a hand started from something that is small. Thats the trick how to handle the small and simple things in life?
From a students view the biggest thing that we have to deal with is homework and time management. Something that often times comes back to bite us in the butt. Example being, when there is a project or quiz that is rather important but yet everything else in your life takes precedent over that you, find yourself the night prior to the deadline cramming and studying when it all could have been avoided. Instead of just taking proper steps to budget time you now have to take the full load all at once. Most often when this does occur you find that your not reaching your potential.
The really tricky thing is getting rid of the bad habits of procrastinating and underestimating everything that you do. If its not fixed in high school it will most likely transition over into our adult life. So the vicious cycle begins, without knowing what to do to fix it.
This same problem does not just exist in the situation of homework but can be applied to almost every aspect of our lives. It’s funny how people can almost always find time to do the things that they want to do, but never what they need to do. There lies the problem itself...Us. We as a society in general have lost what we had. Putting ourselves first and nothing else has been made priority number one in our lives, and causes us to end up in situations that we do not want to be and could have avoided.
If people were to grasp on to a good work ethic and take care of the little things there would not be many of the issues that we face today. A forrest fire never starts out blazing and raging but often times comes from a small and simple spark. Just like the fire we allow things to enter into our lives and just think that they are insignificant and can deal with them later, by then it is to late.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!” (Rocky Balboa)