STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Be The Change: Anti-Bullying

LaurenEW16
Over the past month, my English class and I have been working on Be The Change essays about topics that we picked either because we have been personally effected by them or simply because we had something to prove. My topic was basically this: “Bullying is a serious issue today because of all the effects it has on people.” I picked this topic not only because I believe very strongly that bullying is a serious topic and victims often suffer very severely from it but also because I have personal experience with bullying. Let’s just say that my elementary school years weren’t always the best. I realized that as we get older, we have the chance to do something bigger than we could have ever imagined as long as we have an idea and the drive to achieve those things. I wish a lot more people would see this my way.
During my writing process for my essay, I wasn’t exactly sure as to what I wanted to accomplish or change about bullying. I knew I wanted to make people aware of the issue at hand and make them realize just how serious bullying is. It wasn’t until after I wrote my essay that I had a idea of what I wanted to do. All I really want to do is have an effect on people. Even if that means making them rethink something they say to someone or do to someone for just a second, at least they thought about it. I also wanted people to stand up for each other. Seeing someone get bullied? Stand up for them. If you sit there and let it happen, how are you any better than the bully? You aren’t.
There are a lot of things that I think need to be done in 2013 to try and stop bullying. I think for one, ALL the states need to have bullying laws. 49 states have them as of today. Also, these laws need to be detailed. When the laws are very loosely written, this makes it easier for people to get around them. They also need to be enforced more. Cyber Bullying is becoming more and more popular nowadays, making it easy for people to see how nasty some of this bullying is. But under most laws, nothing can be done unless a threat was made. This is injustice to the ones who were bullied and their attackers made no threats, they just hurt their self esteem.
One last thing that should be done in 2013 is people taking a stand. The more people that care and support anti-bullying causes, the more people can see that it’s serious. We all have the potential to do great things in this world we just have to have the courage to do them. Everyone has that courage inside of them. Taking a stand for our worlds children & teens who are being bullied is remarkable. You could even save someone life just by showing you care. Stand up, and be the change.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy