Divergent's Appeal

*TheMarshmallowConnoisseur*
Veronica Roth's Divergent profound impact on me started with Tris. The main character Tris was able to choose and succeed on the path she chose despite what was expected of her. Many even doubted her abilities based on her past. Tris had ultimately done what she wanted for herself. Divergent takes place in a world where America is split into different factions. The rules and principles of the particular faction you are in influence what behavior and attitude you are expected to have. Tris had grew up in a faction where selflessness was a priority and thoughts and worries about oneself was discouraged. Her faction was judged to be weak leading other people to believe their factions were superior. This made it all the more harder for Tris when it came time to choose the faction she would stay in forever.I was able to admire Tris for her bravery and persistence when she made her decision. Tris had the guts to choose a faction which had almost the opposite disposition of her previous one. For many days during the initiation Tris was made fun of because of where she came from but, stayed strong through it. The particular faction Tris chose stood for bravery which she knew would lead her to many dangerous situations. What really made Divergent a good book for me was how influential a character Tris can be. Everyone wants the courage to do what they truly want and Tris is a good example to follow. Tris was able find out who she really was when she was able to express herself. She even became much stronger as a person when she went through the problems she knew would arise. Tris is a character that is hard to let go once you discover her.