My Favorite Book: "Twilight" by Stephanie Meyer

Gisell Aguirre
Twilighter
Ever since I was in elementary school I've always been an avid reader. I remember the many nights my mom would come in the room and yell at me to got to sleep. I wasn't playing video games or talking on the phone, I was reading under the covers. Though I had been reading for quite a while I never read a book that made me fall in love and kept me awake for hours thinking about it , all that changed when I stumbled on a book called Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. Many people judged me and made fun of me for liking Twilight , they called it “ bad litterature”. I thought is anything really bad literature? Everyone falls in love with different books.

Twilight changed my life completely. After reading Twilight I spent hours imagining and building the world inside my head. I detailed the scenery down to the green moss that covered the trees. The characters appealed to me so much that I heard their voice as I read and felt their emotions. Never had a book made me feel that way. You can argue all you want that Twilight has no literary value and what not but to me , Twilight was the one book I could turn to for everything. I've read it so many times that I know the dialogue as if I wrote it myself. Waiting for the next book in the series was like scratching at the walls in my brain. I simply could not get the book out of my mind. Reading Twilight propelled me into a world of Young Adult literature. Because of Twilight I met really cool people that I could talk to and rant on and on about the world of Twilight and Young Adult literature. Twilight let me see into my own personality and learn things about myself. The book Twilight changed my life, waiting for the next book in the series gave me something to be excited for.

Now I am 15 years old and I have spent 5 years living in the Twilight world. I became a twilighter and now that the movies are over and I've read Twilight countless times, I now have other books I've fallen in love with. None of that would have happened had I not read Twilight. That is why Twilight Is the book that changed my life.
Comment by SOFLarchive

Nice essay. I read the series and saw the movies too.
Posted: Sunday, December 2, 2012 7:23:29 PM