My Favorite Book: "Legend" by Marie Lu inspired me to live everyday like it's my very firs

Carebear11033
Legend by Marie Lu
Day inspired me to live everyday like it’s my very first
By Arae Widgeon

The book was recommended to me by a neighborhood friend. It wasn’t that interesting until they started to describe the two main characters. Two beautiful people with different living environments and reasons to stay up all night crying. June, one of the main characters, reminded me of myself. She sees things that not everyone sees ( how people walk or how they move whenever no one else is looking), no one sees her as she really is, she can’t morn over the deaths of her parents like her older brother Metias because she didn’t know them like he did, she was too young when they were murdered. Day (or Daniel), the other main character, on the other hand reminds me of my friend Caleb. The beauty of Day is that even though he has been on the streets for five years, his heart is more pure and genuine than anyone else in the whole republic.
This book inspires me to be whoever I want to be. No person or object can choose who you are, only you can, if Day were a sentence he would be that one. One interesting thing about this book is (in my opinion) that there is no antagonist. Every character does things based on what was drilled into their mind which doesn’t make any bad thing they do their fault, right? This book shows courage, strength, love, passion, and truth. Everything you would want in a book, or at least I would be interested in.
I remember the second time I was reading Legend, I couldn’t get past the part where June and Day kissed because I knew what would come next. Day would fall to sleep and reach for his pendent that he lost about a week ago. June would see it and immediately see that the strange guy that just saved her life, the one that just kissed her, was the guy she was assigned to track and capture by the government. Every time I read that part I wish that June would change her mind and decide to not turn him in, but it never happens that way. To give more back ground on the situation, june is a top detective in the government and day is the top crimmanal.June goes undercover. With skill and youth on her side shes sure to win, but instead, she fallsinlove.
Legend made me feel closer to Caleb when he moved away. I would continuously re-read Days inspiring words and imagine Caleb saying them to me like Day said them to June.
“Each day means a new twenty-four hours. Each day means everything's possible again. You live in the moment, you die in the moment, you take it all one day at a time. -Day”
I’m so glad my friend from my neighborhood told me about this book. This book has an amazing effect on people even though it’s never the same one. If you decide to read it, you won’t regret it.