STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Favorite Book: "Legend" by Marie Lu inspired me to live everyday like it's my very firs

Carebear11033
Legend by Marie Lu
Day inspired me to live everyday like it’s my very first
By Arae Widgeon

The book was recommended to me by a neighborhood friend. It wasn’t that interesting until they started to describe the two main characters. Two beautiful people with different living environments and reasons to stay up all night crying. June, one of the main characters, reminded me of myself. She sees things that not everyone sees ( how people walk or how they move whenever no one else is looking), no one sees her as she really is, she can’t morn over the deaths of her parents like her older brother Metias because she didn’t know them like he did, she was too young when they were murdered. Day (or Daniel), the other main character, on the other hand reminds me of my friend Caleb. The beauty of Day is that even though he has been on the streets for five years, his heart is more pure and genuine than anyone else in the whole republic.
This book inspires me to be whoever I want to be. No person or object can choose who you are, only you can, if Day were a sentence he would be that one. One interesting thing about this book is (in my opinion) that there is no antagonist. Every character does things based on what was drilled into their mind which doesn’t make any bad thing they do their fault, right? This book shows courage, strength, love, passion, and truth. Everything you would want in a book, or at least I would be interested in.
I remember the second time I was reading Legend, I couldn’t get past the part where June and Day kissed because I knew what would come next. Day would fall to sleep and reach for his pendent that he lost about a week ago. June would see it and immediately see that the strange guy that just saved her life, the one that just kissed her, was the guy she was assigned to track and capture by the government. Every time I read that part I wish that June would change her mind and decide to not turn him in, but it never happens that way. To give more back ground on the situation, june is a top detective in the government and day is the top crimmanal.June goes undercover. With skill and youth on her side shes sure to win, but instead, she fallsinlove.
Legend made me feel closer to Caleb when he moved away. I would continuously re-read Days inspiring words and imagine Caleb saying them to me like Day said them to June.
“Each day means a new twenty-four hours. Each day means everything's possible again. You live in the moment, you die in the moment, you take it all one day at a time. -Day”
I’m so glad my friend from my neighborhood told me about this book. This book has an amazing effect on people even though it’s never the same one. If you decide to read it, you won’t regret it.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy