STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My favorite book is Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick because it helped me through a difficult time in my life.

sammirawrzyuh
The book Crescendo from the Hush Hush Saga by Becca Fitzpatrick is one of my favorite books because it helped me through a difficult time in my life. The main character is a shy quiet girl , Nora who falls in love with the mysterious Patch. Patch is a fallen angel-turned guardian angel who is supposed to protect Nora. In Crescendo, Nora and Patch are back together, but it wasn't all sunshine, love and rainbows. Most of the time it was passionately dark. The book basically hits every twist and turn. Nora loses Patch, she is bullied at school by Marcie Miller, her father was murdered, and she was in the process of trying not to get killed herself. All she wanted was to be left alone and have a quiet and peaceful life. Instead, her life is filled with secrets and pain.
It was the most inspirational and important to me because it helped me get through life when I was struggling and it pulled me into a whole different selection of genres. A fantastical genre. I don't mean Harry Potter fantasy but an immortal journey. It carried me into this whole new realm. The entire saga made me feel attached to the main character Nora. During the time that I first read this book, I was struggling a relationship with a boyfriend that was violent and bipolar. I was bullied at school day after day. My mom was never home long enough to see that I was suffering. I'd cut to make myself feel better but we all know it only made matters worse. Nora taught me how to stand up to my bullies and face my fears just like her. I was once the shy and quiet girl, but now I am open-minded and outgoing. It is one of those books that change your entire thinking. It is mind bending. Honestly, I could read it over and over again. Matter a fact, I have. When the mood was sad, it made me cry. When the tone was happy and exciting, I would squeal with joy. I have grown emotionally attached to this book. It's unnatural yet can be brought down to reality. The whole series is just filled with unexpected outcomes. Crescendo also helped me play with situations in my writing. Instead of being set in stone, it helps you realize that there is more than one optional outcome. Instead of being boxed in, it gave me more of a free mindset. I will always consider Crescendo one of my literary heroes.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy