Animal Farm has been the book with the most influence to me, and to my thought.

GeorgeFitzwilliamIV
The Most Important Book I have Ever Read

While other books have affected me greatly, Animal Farm was one of the first major books, and thus, was more influential than any other. Its insight was stunning. For a boy of an impressionable age, the book, with its understanding of any revolution from the French onwards, was a grail of political allegory that finally whetted a young persons appetite for intellectualism. The book came at a point when my view of the world was a very malleable one, and was still unmodified by ideologies beyond the base of who their parents supported. It allowed for the flourishing of ideas and views that, even if not entirely my own, felt exciting and new. And of course, the dark message beneath it all, that the inevitable end of most any revolution is the demise of its true leaders, and its perversion into a fascist totalitarianism.
The book was one of the first mature books that I read; finally breaking free from the days wherein one's readings were almost something that made you feel a little embarrassed, feeling that your reading skills were being squandered on hack writers and series like Percy Jackson or any other dribble that one felt almost impossible to escape, and then to find a book that has serious repercussions in the world was a great feeling. Gone were days when the only thing a book could be was a funny story, now a book meant something truly great. I was in love with the idea of the genre, firstly because having read those books automatically made you the better of your peers, given a certain air of superiority, and secondly, a certain feeling of new interest in the world. It revised what I saw as important. The book opened a new world for me, and within it I found a wondrous assortment of mature knowledge.
I found the book in my family's library, which I would later adopt, and soon became interested. It was a small, rather discreet book, but I was still intrigued by the fact that I had never noticed it before. I held it around for a few days before finally reading it, which was when it truly changed everything for me.
It was with this interest that I delved deeper into the way the world was run, a study I continue to this day. That book changed everything for me, the way I thought, they way I saw the world. It was a pivotal role in my development, and it really spoke to me. For this, it will always have a place in my heart, for it is the most important book I have ever read.