My Favorite Book: "Where the Heart Is" by Billie Letts showed me the purpose of love

Angelica
The novel I chose is Where the Heart Is by Billie Letts. It was given to me by my uncle’s girlfriend. Everyday is was always just sitting there at my desk unopened. I decided to open it up and read some pages of the story, but like any other great books, it really hooked me, there were so many sad times that made me cry and some romantic times. Why have I chosen to write about this book Where the Heart Is? It really stood out to me compared to all of the other stories that I’ve read, it has changed my view on young teens. Everyone has their own secret and nowadays some teens are a mess. It’s mainly about the drugs and being pregnant but there is always a reason to why that teen/ person ended up like that. Not all people had a choice.
In this story, Novalee thought she had a very bright future for her, her boyfriend Willy Jack, and her unborn daughter but her boyfriend Willy Jack abandons her after leaving her in Oklahoma in front of a Wal-Mart store. This novel really struck me/ hooked me because of the storyline/ the theme of the story. This was all because he has lied to her, because he is the father of this child he persuaded her that they would go to California together to build their family, when he is actually going to get his finger cut off to make some money for himself. Novalee doesn’t know anyone but along the story she meets some new friends that join her on the journey of her pregnancy. She lives off of Wal-Mart but it’s not as easy as it seems, she hides every night from the security guard so that she can stay there. She takes note of all the things she uses so that she can pay the manager one day since she doesn’t have a job and she is in the middle of no where. My favorite part in this story is when Novalee gives birth because it explains how she matures as a mother, it is always the first glance of your child and you know that everything was worth it. She gains popularity because of this and starts getting her life back together. It was so heart warming to read how happy she has become. It showed me that if you truly want something you have to work for it. She endured her pregnancy at a young age but she has taken all the hardships so that she can have her baby Americus.
I could read this story again and again because it really makes me feel like I’m there in the story with all the characters. Every character has their own characteristic that brings out who they are most especially Novalee because she shows me how much mother’s care for their children, she does everything for Americus.