My favorite book: Thank You, Jeeves, by P. G. Wodehouse made me realize that there are more ways tha

pineapplefrenzy
My favorite book: Thank You, Jeeves, by P. G. Wodehouse made me realize that there are more ways than I ever thought imaginable to use words.
Mystery books are pretty much the only genre of books that I stick my round nose into, but solving crime after crime alongside the great detectives can really take a lot out of a person if you know what I mean. I decided to set down the magnifying glass and give my deductive skill a vacation. Scanning the library for a good comedic title I came across one with a particularly jaunty name, “Thank you, Jeeves”. I decided to see if laughing was almost as good as putting a criminal behind bars. After all’ who doesn’t want to have a deep belly laugh and add a few seconds onto their life? To a bystander I am certain that I had the expression on my face as though I was going home with a new puppy. The only problem with that there is that it was quite obvious that I was not being weighed down by a plump bundle of joy, instead I held a small old book.
I am not much of a multitasker; the work of one project always seems to find its way into the other so it all becomes on large project. It was of no surprise to me to find that same thing happening to me again. While I was reading this humdinger of a book I was also pecking away on my Smith-Corona typewriter spinning a novel of my own. Obviously I was not able to write and read at the exact same time I mean to say that I was accomplishing both tasks during the same time period. Only six pages into my own book I realized that it was dull and melancholy compared to that of the masterful P.G. Wodehouse’s writing. I decided to try a whole new style of writing which as it turns out I enjoyed very much. Whenever I wrote a story before I would always employ the same type of plot. “I did this, I did that,” but I then read “Thank You, Jeeves,” and a whole new plethora of words and ways to use them was unleashed at me in such a forceful way I decided to use P.G. Wodehouse’s style of writing and incorporate it into my very own novel. Naturally I was not able to live up to the famous author but I have greatly improved my writing abilities, though unfortunately it may not show in this paper. I am sure that there are many others that had much more touching and better inspirational books but I figured, why not give it a shot anyway; all that really matters is that I improved.