My Favorite Book: "A Child Called 'It'" by Dave Peltzer

My Favorite book A Child called “It” by Dave Pelzer made me realize how serious child abuse is. I’ve always known that child abuse was horrible but reading about what he went through really made me think about why someone would do that to a poor innocent child. It also made me realize that some kids look they have been abused, for example, bruises and cuts that are noticeable and ripped and old clothes that they wear every day. While some kids are really good at hiding that they are abused, they cover up their bruises and carry on with their lives as nothing had ever happened. I had read this book when I was younger and at the time I had friend who was being abused, I never told anyone about because she told me that if I did she wouldn’t talk to me and I didn’t want to lose my friend. I read A Child called “It” and thought about how telling someone could be the best thing I could ever do for her, no matter if I lose her as a friend. This book as touched my life in such a huge way.

About StageofLife.comAbout Us: is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month. is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.