My Favorite Book: "The Secret To Success" By Eric Thomas

Grayson Skarnulis
How do four letters on the front of a t-shirt in the hallway at school changes someone’s way of thought? How do these four words become someone’ life story? How is it that a freshman in high school failing almost every class he is taking, see’s those four words and immediately become something he wants to? I don’t know how regular people find emotion, because I am no regular person and thankfully never will be one. I am what I would like to call a lame or weirdo in some people’s eyes and I am totally and completely ok with that. The people who all actually know me, the people I would go to war with and fight till the end with, or the people who I would jump in front of a bullet for would call me an insane intense workaholic because of four words I saw 3 years ago on a shirt that opened my eyes and made me who I am today. Those 4 letters go as W.O.R.K and that word defines my very being. A man by the name of Eric Thomas wrote an inspirational book about his life story, and once I read the book I realized I had been living my life content with what I had, fine with the things I have, and only giving 50 to 60% of what I had. The book Eric wrote is called “The Secret to Success” and honestly if I hadn’t read this book and used the motto as my main work ethic I would probably have failed out of high school, not have the dodge charger me and my parents paid for, and most likely never have played a game of varsity lacrosse. The book isn’t just about his life story, the book takes you through things he has learned throughout his life and honestly he is one of the most motivating people I have heard. One of my favorite lines he likes to repeat is “You only Have 24 Hours”!!! I used to blow all the money I had on useless items, I just bought a new 2012 dodge charger with only $4,000 from my parents, I used to wake up whenever, I wake up at 3 A.M. because I know It will help me be successful.
Before this book I had only known defeat, and being a victim, now I only know success and winning because this book opened my eyes and showed me how to do it. I don’t know where you are in your life, to be honest I really could care less if you have a .4 GPA or a 5.0 GPA, I am guarantying you, that if you read Eric Thomas’s books you will be opened up to a new light and you will see improvement in whatever you want to see improvement in if you follow his advice. Eric wrote an amazing story and an amazing mission, but choosing to follow it is your choice.