STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Favorite Book: "The Secret To Success" By Eric Thomas

Grayson Skarnulis
How do four letters on the front of a t-shirt in the hallway at school changes someone’s way of thought? How do these four words become someone’ life story? How is it that a freshman in high school failing almost every class he is taking, see’s those four words and immediately become something he wants to? I don’t know how regular people find emotion, because I am no regular person and thankfully never will be one. I am what I would like to call a lame or weirdo in some people’s eyes and I am totally and completely ok with that. The people who all actually know me, the people I would go to war with and fight till the end with, or the people who I would jump in front of a bullet for would call me an insane intense workaholic because of four words I saw 3 years ago on a shirt that opened my eyes and made me who I am today. Those 4 letters go as W.O.R.K and that word defines my very being. A man by the name of Eric Thomas wrote an inspirational book about his life story, and once I read the book I realized I had been living my life content with what I had, fine with the things I have, and only giving 50 to 60% of what I had. The book Eric wrote is called “The Secret to Success” and honestly if I hadn’t read this book and used the motto as my main work ethic I would probably have failed out of high school, not have the dodge charger me and my parents paid for, and most likely never have played a game of varsity lacrosse. The book isn’t just about his life story, the book takes you through things he has learned throughout his life and honestly he is one of the most motivating people I have heard. One of my favorite lines he likes to repeat is “You only Have 24 Hours”!!! I used to blow all the money I had on useless items, I just bought a new 2012 dodge charger with only $4,000 from my parents, I used to wake up whenever, I wake up at 3 A.M. because I know It will help me be successful.
Before this book I had only known defeat, and being a victim, now I only know success and winning because this book opened my eyes and showed me how to do it. I don’t know where you are in your life, to be honest I really could care less if you have a .4 GPA or a 5.0 GPA, I am guarantying you, that if you read Eric Thomas’s books you will be opened up to a new light and you will see improvement in whatever you want to see improvement in if you follow his advice. Eric wrote an amazing story and an amazing mission, but choosing to follow it is your choice.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy